These decadent gems are the nourishing answer to your chocolate and salted caramel cravings!
Paleo, vegan, dairy, egg, soy, gluten, wheat and refined sugar free ~ optional nut free (replace nut butter with tahini or sunflower butter)
- 1/4 cup cacao butter
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup cacao powder
- 2 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Salted Caramel Ingredients:
- 3 tablespoons any nut butter of your choice
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- To make chocolate, place cacao butter and coconut oil in a glass or ceramic bowl and sit this over another bowl or saucepan containing freshly boiled water. Gently melt the oils, heat is not required. Completely melt for about 10 minutes. Once melted remove the bowl out of the water. Whisk in cacao powder, maple syrup and vanilla. Mix until smooth.
- Line a mini cupcake tin with cases. Spoon half of the chocolate mixture into cases. Place in the freezer to set for about 10 minutes.
- Make salted caramel filling by combining nut butter, maple syrup and sea salt in a bowl.
- Remove chocolate cases from the freezer and divide salted caramel into each case. Spoon over remaining chocolate mixture to fill cases.
- Store in the fridge for an hour until they have set.